Urban Robotics provides cutting-edge technology for the Department of Defense. We specialize in small teams of highly skilled, versatile engineers. Our field engineers are known for being best-of-breed, and enjoy the privileges associated with working for a small high-tech company.
We are in need of versatile Field Service Representative (FSR), ready to deploy to field locations in areas such as Iraq and Afghanistan on major U.S. bases. Time spent deployed OCONUS can range from a minimum of 6 months per year to 12 months per year, if desired. Flexible off-time is offered; when not working OCONUS, an FSR can choose to either take unpaid leave, or work in our Portland Office.
- Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Willingness to travel 6 months or more out of every year (CONUS and OCONUS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a United States citizen per ITAR regulations and be able to pass a background check
- Ability to pass pre-deployment medical screening
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with Network Administration
- Familiar with Windows and Linux/UNIX based server systems
- Familiar with MS Windows Server 2008/Windows
- Previous OCONUS deployment experience
- TS/SCI eligible
- Solid background in ISR Systems and Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Optics or Business
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Perform the operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance on ground stations and sensor system equipment, airborne and ground-based.
- Assist and/or provide insight into R&D system improvement efforts.
- Ensure all aircraft and ground station equipment checklists are current and used.
- Ensure all aircraft and ground station equipment Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are current.
- Complete all required pre- and post-flight aircraft preparations.
- Complete all required pre- and post-flight mission planning, briefing and reporting requirements.
- Perform scheduled sensor maintenance.
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot/debug software Install and verify new software
- Troubleshoot and diagnose ground and in-flight discrepancies
- IMO administration of SIPR/NIPR/CENTRIX networks
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer and phone use.
- There may be a need to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand for long for short periods of time lift and carry approximately 50 pounds.
- The area of work is in a general office environment and stress is likely to occur.
- In addition to the above, the employee may need to work 7 days a week and potentially 12 hours per day while deployed-this will all be dependent on the contract details and requirements.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Robotics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Urban Robotics, Inc. conducts business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers and leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urban Robotics, Inc. participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.
AAP/EEO provider and drug-free workplace
The company offers a comprehensive health insurance package which offers the choice of a Health Savings Account. In addition to heath benefits, the company offers a company paid 401(K) plan, generous vacation and sick leave, employee recognition programs, a variety of paid and unpaid leave of absences, incentives and rewards.